What Can CMOs Learn from the Agency Side?
WPP is the world’s largest marketing and communications company powering the growth of many of the world’s brands. To tap into this wealth of knowledge on the agency side, The CMO Club recently hosted WPP Chief Marketing & Growth Officer Laurent Ezekiel to learn more about the challenges facing modern brands in igniting creativity with technology and data.
Watch the highlights Trailer [1:45]
Listen to the full Virtual Roundtable [1:01:51]
Using data to connect brands with their customers
It’s a critical time for brands to understand and connect with their customers. It’s the moment to start building direct, more relevant relationships with people.
- We’re seeing brands pause and invest in trying to understand their customer of the future
- The CMO will play a critical role in spotting new customer behaviour and the experiences that can be created to deliver meaningful and valuable experiences based on the realities of the COVID-19 pandemic
Creative meets customer experience
The ability to stand out in the market, to have a powerful creative idea – has never been more important for brands.
- The most creative ideas tend to be inspired by insights based on genuine understanding you have about your consumer's behaviours and attitudes.
- CMOs need to focus on getting to know individual customers better than ever. Delivering value exchange is not new but it’s important now more than ever as people re-evaluate their purchasing decisions because of COVID-19.
Simplifying the technology stack
We’ve got to be able to understand how to better use technology as modern marketers.
- Simplify your tech stack - if you’re working with a particular system or tool, try to get a 360-degree view of the capability and compatibility of that technology
- Make the investment to aggregate data across industries and workflows, so that technology is complimenting your understanding of the customer.