Watch the recording here!
From tech giants to unicorn startups, companies are looking to add diversity to their corporate boards like never before. Jana Rich is the executive recruiter that these companies turn to to bring excellent women and people of color, diversity of thought, and digital expertise to their corporate boards. In an insights-packed session moderated by Dave Scot, Jana shares the insider’s perspective on BOD searches and recruitment. She talks about what companies are looking for in board candidates, how successful independent directors find and land the right BOD seat, and so much more.
- What are the specific things a marketing executive needs to be thinking about to prepare for BOD readiness?
- How has the urgency of achieving BOD diversity been accelerated by California legislation and top Wall Street firms’ expectations?
- What are the characteristics of the in-demand candidate profiles? How are these shifting?
- How should a prospective BOD candidate package their expertise and experience in ways that make them more discoverable in independent BOD searches?
- From an elevator pitch to a board bio, what are best practices in presenting the topline points that qualify an executive for BOD service?
- What exactly does a Board Search look like? What’s the timeline? What are the stages and what are the decision points that happen at each stage
- How has COVID impacted BOD searches? As reopening continues, what’s going back to how things were pre-pandemic, and what’s here to stay?
- How does a marketing executive who wants to pursue BOD service get on the radar of the executive recruiters conducting these searches?