Karin Flores, SVP of Strategic Events at Salesforce, joined the CMO Club and our members as we dove into a discussion on the shift in event strategy, what that will look like moving forward, and Karin's learnings from transforming flagship events into virtual programs. Watch the recording here!
Check out the highlights from the session:
- The future of events is hybrid.
- 100,000+ people taking over a city is likely a thing of the past. Although we all miss the person to person connection, the silver lining of going virtual this past year is the ability to concentrate and market to customers on a much more personal level than ever before.
- 100 of the right people in the room is much better better than 10,000 "just people" in the room.
- Setting expectations is key going forward.
- Get creative
- For Dreamforce in 2020, Salesforce enabled their Account Executives to bring Dreamforce to their customers
- Instead of one 100,000 person event, the AE's were able to conduct mini Dreamforces tailored to their customers wants, needs and interests.
- Going forward, weaving content into smaller events will be key to continue education for customers and to take them on a journey through whatever they are interested in.
- Karin was very candid about learnings and parts of going virtual that didn't quite work, and said it is important to realize that not everything is going to go right.
This is only a small piece of key takeaways from the session. To see and hear more, be sure to watch the recording!