Watch the recording!
Ivy Brown, SVP Head of Brand and Community Marketing at TD Bank, and Michelle Snyder, Vice President, Brand Communications at Comcast, discussed the impact the past year has had on branding, and strategies and shifts marketers navigated and achieved throughout 2020 and looking forward at the new year.
Check out some highlights!
COVID taught us all to be more nimble and take an Iterative Planning Approach.
- Planning went out the window when COVID hit, but for most companies, productivity went up because there were clear goals and alignment on what needed to be done to get through this.
- The past year also allowed some marketing organizations to better focus and accelerate their priorities.
- For others, it was a "tale of two cities", with one organization having a laser focus and others not being aligned at all.
Consumer behavior shifted completely.
- Customers expectations have increased for a seamless digital experience, transforming the customer experience completely.
- Some of our attendees stressed the importance of social listening, and recommended Sprinklr as a great tool for social insights from your customers.
- Personalization and customization, convenience, brand purpose and community connection all increased in importance when showing your customers how your brand can be the most helpful company for them.
Lead with empathy.
- Remember that your company is not your customer, and at the end of the day, leading with empathy will lead to an authentic customer experience.
Want to continue the discussion? Check out our virtual roundtable discussion group!